posted Jan 7, 2010, 10:28 AM by Thiyagaraaj M
updated Feb 15, 2012, 4:03 AM by Thiyagaraaj Mp
Definition:A virtual machine (VM) is an environment, usually a program or operating system, which does not physically exist but is created within another environment.
Something Refers To An Image
- Software implementation of a machine
- Executes programs like a real machine.
- Multiple OS environments can co-exist on the same computer
- Software Maintenance & Testing
- Performance Comparing
Virtual Hard Disk
- It is One of the File System
- Store virtual operating systems
- Duplicate Hardware.
Virtual Hard Disk Features
- Moving files between a VHD and the host file system
- Backup and recovery
- Antivirus and security
- Image management and patching
- Life-cycle management and provisioning
Virtual Operating System Flavors