Java has been tested, refined, extended, and proven by a dedicated community. And numbering more than 6.5 million developers, it's the largest and most active on the planet. With its versatilty, efficiency, and portability, Java has become invaluable to developers by enabling them to:
* Write software on one platform and run it on virtually any other platform
* Create programs to run within a Web browser and Web services
* Develop server-side applications for online forums, stores, polls, HTML forms processing, and more
* Combine applications or services using the Java language to create highly customized applications or services
* Write powerful and efficient applications for mobile phones, remote processors, low-cost consumer products, and practically any other device with a digital heartbeat.